The Cross Lane family represents people from all ages and walks of life. We value people who are real and we want Cross Lane to be a place where you can come as you are. A group of dedicated people started this non-denominational Christian church in 1981 and God has continued to use our church to bring people to Jesus.
Bringing people to Jesus...so that we can grow close to God, build
relationships with one another and reach those who are far from Jesus.
- in one God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit (John 14:9, Genesis 1:2)
- that in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and we have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority. (Colossians 2:9 & 10)
- that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers at the same time. (1 Corinthians 15:3)
- Jesus offers forgiveness of sins through faith in Him.
- all the prophets testify about Him that everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins through His name. (Acts 10:43)
- God’s Spirit lives in (us). (1 Corinthians 3:16, 2 Timothy 1:14)
- in God’s Holy Word as the final authority for every matter of faith and practice.
- all Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, (2 Timothy 3:16)
- everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. (Romans 15:4)
- that it is by grace (we) have been saved, through faith—and this not from ourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. (Ephesians 2:8-10)
- we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. (Romans 5:1)
- that Whoever acknowledges Jesus before men, will also be acknowledged by Him before His Father in heaven. (Matthew 10:32)
- that all who are baptized into Christ have clothed (themselves) with Christ. (Galatians 3:27)
- that a person who has placed their faith in Christ and been forgiven, will properly respond to the command of Scripture and be immersed into Christ. (Matthew 28:19-20)
- elders are to exercise authority over the local congregation.
- elders are the shepherds of God’s flock that is under (their) care, serving as overseers. (1 Peter 5:2) And we believe that the authority of the elders is given by God. (1 Peter 5:1-3)